Hello, blog visitors! I have been MIA for quite a few months, but I am back, at least briefly.
There’s been so much going on in my life since last fall: I moved into a new space, worked a temporary job and commuted 75 miles round-trip, and recently I have been dealing with some health issues. I’ve learned a lot about myself and life in general, and I’ve decided to share some of my insights with the hope they might benefit someone else.
What challenging times have taught me:
- Let go of expectations. Hold onto dreams.
- If someone offers to help, let them.
- If they ask what you need, tell them.
- Pay it forward. If you can help someone now, do it. If you can’t do it now, do it later.
- Believe in something. It doesn’t really matter what it is – yourself, a higher power, the power of love, medical miracles, etc. You will immediately feel more empowered.
- Take time to digest what is happening and then choose how you want to think about it. Don’t just react.
- Be braver than you thought you could be. There is a core of courage within each of us if we just reach in deep enough to find it.
- Stop trying to control outcomes. It never works, plus it wastes precious energy that could be used for more positive and uplifting things. I think it was Einstein who observed, “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”
- Be creative. It’s the perfect outlet for your emotions and also offers the opportunity to immediately improve your day.
- Forgive everyone, including yourself. Especially yourself.
- Live without regrets. When it’s over, let it go.
- Stop complaining. It’s counter-productive.
- Take time to daydream. It feels good and lines up your energy for a better tomorrow.
- When people express their support, take time to feel the love. It’s one of the silver linings that come with challenging times.
- Challenging times can be the catalyst for powerful personal transformations. Consider not just what you are going through but what you are learning and feeling and how you want to live your life from this day forward.
- Take time to appreciate what you have, because no matter who you are or what you’re going through, you have so much.
Whether you're experiencing challenging times or not, you can grow stronger, become more clear-minded, and express your creativity today! What are you waiting for?