Thursday, June 25, 2009

Blue skies... smiling at me...



It's been a very dreary month here in Maine. We've had about 7 inches of rain and just a handful of sunny days. You can imagine how wonderful it was, then, to see blue skies and sun today! I was out and about running errands when I noticed the cirrus clouds in the sky. I remembered them as being called mares' tails, and sure enough, an online check shows that is the colloquial term for them.



Tomorrow the rain returns, but I'm going to post these pictures to help remind me that we really did have some fine summer weather today. Here's hoping it returns to us very soon!

2 comments:

Silke Powers said...

Oh, these are so pretty! Nice to see blue skies! I am grateful for our skylights - I can see the sky even if it's too hot to go outside much... Hope you'll get many more sunny days!! Love, Silke

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

What beautiful blue skies! Sorry to hear about all of your rain. Sometimes that makes me feel a little blue. Although, we've had so much sunny and HOT (upper 90's) weather that now I'm wishing for rain. The soil is so parched it's becoming dusty...