Friday, July 17, 2009

Funky Friday ~ July 17


Last Friday after my cousin Jon and his family visited, I blogged about our excursion to Midcoast Maine, where we visited the Maine Maritime Museum and Reid State Park. While walking the museum grounds, I spotted this little building. I'm not sure what it was used for, but I love the shabby curtains! I don't know if you can tell, but they are very tattered. I said to my cousin's sister-in-law that I needed to stop and snap some pictures of it, because it is perfect for Funky Friday.

Later, at Reid State Park, Jon remarked on the lichen that grows on the rocks there. I looked back through my photos today and found this image that shows one such rock. I've always loved the rich mustard color against the granite-gray rocks.

In your travels this weekend, don't forget to keep an eye out for the unusual! A little weirness keeps life interesting.

1 comment:

Silke Powers said...

Gorgeous photos, Beth! I love old, tattered houses! And lichen-covered rocks... Love, Silke