Wednesday, February 3, 2010

8 years & counting



On February 3, 2002, I moved to Maine.



My family is from Maine, but we moved away when I was 2 years old (and was too young to protest!). Luckily for me, my parents were teachers, and so I got to spend every summer in Maine.



I always had a dream of returning to live in Maine.



It's always been my favorite place.



In late 2001, it seemed the time was right to make a change.



I had been living in New York for almost six years.



And as much as I love NYC, I decided I was ready to come home to Maine.



So today marks my 8th anniversary of moving (back) to Maine. I feel so fortunate to be here! It's hard to imagine living anywhere else.

3 comments:

Silke Powers said...

Sometimes I think it's too bad we can't live in two or more places at the same time... But if you have to choose between NYC and Maine, life is pretty darn good. I loved Maine when we visited and can't wait to get there again... Love, Silke

Beth said...

I definitely wish I could clone myself so I could live in both NYC and Maine! Failing that, I wish I could afford 2 homes! Maybe someday...

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

It's wonderful that get to live in this beautiful place that you love so much! I've noticed that most Mainer's have so much affection for their state, I know it is a truly special place. That's in part why I'm so intrigued by your area and drawn to it. I'm sure I've mentioned before that at a turning point in my life and relationship about 5 years ago, I was absolutely obsessed with the idea of moving up there. But I chose the boy, and it looks like we'll have to wait until we win the lottery and can have two homes, one in East Tennessee, and one in Maine. And maybe one more in Florida :)