Saturday, June 11, 2011

Seaside Saturday: Images of the Maine Coast ~ June 11th

Welcome to Seaside Saturday. I've finally got some fresh photos to share. I took them just yesterday when I returned to my old stomping grounds -- the Willard Beach area of South Portland (Maine).


It's such a picturesque place...


I loved seeing the three-masted schooner sailing toward Portland Head Light.


This is one of my favorite times of year in Maine, when all the flowering bushes and trees are blooming.


Click on each image for a better view.



I didn't capture it very well, but the contrast of these bright red blossoms next to the dark purple leaves was amazing!



This is a view of the shipping channel. The big oil tankers pass through here on their way to Portland, one of the busiest ports on the Eastern seaboard.

That's one of the islands of Casco Bay, called the calendar islands, in the background. Just don't ask me which one, because I'm not quite sure!


You know, I've never been on a sailboat. But when I look at all the boats in the bay, I have to say that sailing certainly looks like an ideal way to experience the Maine Coast!

I hope you will be enjoying your own Seaside Saturday today!

No comments: